Monday, April 20, 2009

of Volvo240 and its sentimental values..


Volvo 240 GLi (injection). The 'Brick' someone would call it. 19 years old, that's how old it is. atleast according to the car grant. My dad bought it from his friend ( Uncle Lan and Aunti G) after being used for around a year (i think) before they moved to the US. Well, it's the only car i could remember that my dad had, Don't recall anything before this car.

It's a powerful 2.0L injection engine(quite ahead of its time), with that trademark roar most people would recognise from a far. Sure, it's body doesn't look 'beautiful/cool' without any aerodynamic feature. Just... box. But does state somewhat like a statement of its boldness. inside, the car is very comfortable without much effect when running throught bumps or rough road. a great car indeed.

about 3 years back, late 2005, my dad gave this car to me after he bought a new (2nd hand actually) volvo; Volvo S80. I was in my foundation year at UNMC. Didn't really drive much at that time. heh, as i remember i would fill the tank usually for rm10 or 20 a time those days. Start to use it more often since the summer break, working at OU. Till then, around rm50 a week of fuel spent for this car. Maintainance was quite high in 2006 but reduced down a bit after that. mostly only regular service after that.

I've been very attached to this car since then. learned a lot from this car. and have great plans for this car. bragged to friends bout how i would use it till i can afford to buy my own car (once started working).

but now... it's all going to an end. going to let go of it and take my sis's Myvi. had a quite hard time deciding for this. all but me are for taking Myvi. feel so hard to let this car go. not really sure why. the point that everyone else gave is so strong over my 'sentimental value' point. well, all things gotta go some time. really gonna miss this car...

3 comments:

mylifetoshare said...

bro..dah decide dah ke? reading your post really hits me that letting go of it means letting go of all the wonderful memories along with it...papepun bro cherish your last few moments with her...now onwards you create new memories with the MyVi...I think I can understand how u feel cos a few years back my dad let go of my white kancil...yes it's just a teeny weeny small car but soo many memories, good and bad, were experienced with the kancil...i was really sad mase baru2 but then after getting my own car it dawned into me that better memories and life experiences can be had with my new car...so it's not the end of the world bro...cheers!!

mape said...

hadi..bagi aku la..leh buat drift~

goldnugget said...

ala2 sentimental pulak adik aku ni...haha..jaga myvi tu baik2...nnt kakak mu ini lebih teruk sentimental nye...hello myvi okay ape...minyak murah, SE pulak tu...dah la kemek kat depan, mane nak dapat SE cam2..wakaka..mane tau murah rezeki leh bli volvo C70 pulak...weee nak tumpang